The Scripture Scout
How to Write Your Own Sunday School Curriculum
by Anne Gray
Preparing your own curriculum for Sunday School is REALLY EASY, I promise. And your substitute Sunday school teachers (well, even the regular ones sometimes), will not be snagging something off of the internet before they come to church.
Instead, your built-in subs will feel empowered and there will be a general feeling of, "OH YAY! I get to do the crafts today!" or, "Cool, no problem, I can go over the ten minute lesson," or, "Sure, I'll just go by the office and run off some of the game sheets in this lesson," Or, "It is going to be so fun to watch the kids do that related activity today!"
After all, when each of these parts of the Scripture Scout Sunday school lessons truly can take about 10 minutes long at minimum, it certainly takes any stress of having to cover a class for an entire hour.
But let's talk about how to build and manage an actual church-based curriculum ... that you, yes you (and your church/team/whatever) are going to put together. If you are reading this by yourself, call someone to read through it with you! Print it out and chat with a few friends. But don't forget to chat with GOD first! :-) Here we go ...
1, First, set your goals!
2. Write up a quarter’s worth first (about 13 lessons).
3. Your first team meetings: Let everyone have a copy of the curriculum in hand. Then, together, write the dates in the margin and who will be teaching both Sunday and mid-week, so everyone will know.
1, Set your goals!
4. Each Sunday and following mid-week lesson will teach and/or reinforce the same Bible lesson or truth.
5. Sunday Packets
6. Teach-Teaching Job Descriptions
7. And finally, rewards are essential! The intangible rewards are legion here, but we have seen that every time a knows a tangible reward is coming too, that student is motivated to learn and develop a healthy self-confidence in their ability to grasp the Word of God.
To conclude, let's take a moment to look at the remarkable rewards here. What gives this plan credibility is the number of successes in so many church congregations. There have been tremendous facelifts in both teachers and students. The children's outlook is improved 100% and it has motivated the adults as well.
Knowledge of scripture and commitment level is becomes a top priority item as this knowledge is inspired and increased. So too is a thriving love for the Lord and an inspiration to serve others excitedly. Parents have become actively involved and many students have actual won their friends to Christ through inviting them to a thriving environment. And man, the teachers' attitude have improved tremendously! No longer is it tough to get someone to help with the kids. It is fantastic and fun.
These are just some intangible rewards of preparing your own curriculum through The Scripture Scout method and how your children's outlook will be improved 100%.
We just sent you an email. Please click the link in the email to confirm your subscription!
OKSubscriptions powered by Strikingly